Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas? How about Green Grass and Sunshine

Many people romanticize about the idea of having a white Christmas. This year seems to be no different. This year snow will be on the ground in Connecticut on Christmas morning.


Which is fine, and great, but right now as I write this piece I am currently snowed in with no where to go. My car is in the auto body shop from an accident I had on Friday coming home from school after taking my last final (thank you so much CCSU administration and President Miller). Not having a car is painful, not that I would be going anywhere today most likely but not having the option is gnawing at me.


Having snow on Friday was fine, it was nice to wake up and see snow on the ground giving us a change from the grass that was covered in frost.

Today though, I have had enough of the snow that is continuously falling outside. I am sick of having to shovel my driveway and sidewalks it’s just frustrating. I am sick of not being able to drive because the roads in Hamden are not drivable right now. Lastly I am sick of everyone saying how nice it is that we are having snow for Christmas.


People its nice that we have snow on the ground for the holiday, I get it, but give me green grass and sunshine on the days leading up to Christmas because that way I can do things with my friends instead of being stuck at home watching the New England Patriots versus the Arizona Cardinals because there is no other sporting even on T.V. right now.

You can say I am not into in the holiday spirit, that maybe true but you try having to do nothing for the third consecutive day and tell me it wouldn’t be wearing on you.

No comments: